New Rochester Community Development Department Opens Monday
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A major change takes effect Monday for developers seeking to pursue new projects in Rochester.
The city has announced the first phase of Rochester’s plan to create a one-stop development services center will begin operations on July 1st with the launch of the new Community Development Department. It will take over many of the duties involving development in Rochester that were previously managed at the Rochester-Olmsted Planning Department.
“The Community Development team is committed to providing a seamless customer service experience for everyone looking to build, develop, and invest in Rochester,” says Steinhauser. “Bringing planning and zoning services into the city is the first step to transforming how we approach the development experience.”
A news release on Monday’s launch includes a Development Services Roadmap that provides specific information on the services offered by the new department, but it also highlighted some of the more common requests affected.
- Development Review Applications from within the Rochester city limits will be processed at City Hall through Community Development.
- Pre-Development Meeting and Development Information Meeting (DIM) requests should be made through Community Development via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-Development Meetings held on or after July 1, 2019, will be held in the Conference Room at Rochester Public Utilities (RPU) at 4000 East River Road NE, Rochester, MN 55906.
What’s not changing?
- Building Permits will continue to be processed at the Building Safety Department on Campus Drive.
- County Development Review Applications will continue to be processed at the Olmsted County Planning Office on Campus Drive.
Anyone with questions is encouraged to contact the Community Development Department at 507.328.2950 or by email at email@example.com.