Man Pistol Whipped in SE Rochester Mobile Home
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM New) - An 18-year-old Rochester area man is expected to be arraigned Monday on felony charges stemming from an assault Friday evening.
Rochester Police Lieutenant Gretchen O’Neil says officers were sent to a residence at the Oak Terrace Estates Mobile Home Park in response to a report that a man had been hit multiple times in the head with a gun. The police report, which indicates there was a witness to the attack, also says statements were made to the victim that suggested the suspect was going to inflict further harm.
O’Neil says the suspect, identified as 18-year-old Miquel Angel Martinez, was later located in Stewartville and was arrested. He is currently being held in the Olmsted County Jail on 2nd-degree assault and terroristic assault charges.
News Update: Man Hospitalized After Shooting in Rochester