City of Rochester to Donate Masks to Anyone in Need of One
Mayor Kim Norton says the “Need a Mask, Just Ask!” project will help residents follow the mask mandate, "Community members were kind enough to make and donate enough masks to support our city teammates and first responders, and others. We have over 2,000 masks yet to distribute. We know that wearing these will help slow the spread of COVID-19 and we want to offer those that do not have access to a mask an opportunity to pick one up while supplies last.”
Cloth masks will be available at the locations listed below. Supplies are limited.
- Rochester Public Library Bookmobile: Visit https://www.rplmn.org/services/bookmobile or call 507-328-2300 for a list of upcoming Bookmobile stops.
- The Day Center: The Day Center is open from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm and is located in the Mayo Civic Center at 30 Civic Center Drive SE.
- Rochester Police Department squad cars: Each squad car will have homemade masks. Individuals can ask patrol officers for a mask.
- Rochester Fire Stations: Visit any Fire Station in town between the hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- Fire Station 1: 521 S Broadway
- Fire Station 2: 2185 Wheelock Drive NE
- Fire Station 3: 2755 2nd Street SW
- Fire Station 4: 1875 41st Street NW
- Fire Station 5: 305 28th Street SE
- Temporary Silver Lake Fire Station: 702 W Silver Lake Drive NE
- Intercultural Mutual Assistance Association: Call 507-289-5960 for additional information.
- Main Office at 2500 Valleyhigh Drive NW between 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- Meadow Park Office at 1348 3rd Avenue SE between 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday