Chateau Theater Meeting on Thursday
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - The City of Rochester is currently in the process of making repairs to the historic Chateau Theatre to allow it to be used while the city continues planning for the long-range future of the venue. As part of the process, the city is seeking proposals for the interim operation of the facility and will host a pre-proposal meeting later this week at the theatre.
The meeting on Thursday will run from 10 AM until Noon and is open to all parties interesting in submitting a proposal and those interested in collaborating with the submitters of proposals. The session will provide an opportunity to view the space, ask questions, and network with others with an interest in the operation of the Chateau.
The city's request for proposals outlines priorities that:
- Manage the day-to-day building operations of the Chateau Theatre in a cost-effective and high- quality manner;
- Work strategically to achieve a high level of activation of the building for events not to exceed 390 occupants;
- Create a vibrant entertainment, education, and cultural hub in the Heart of the City;
- Develop and implement strategies to engage with existing community groups and attach new partners and events;
- Support the City’s investment in the Chateau Theatre through exercising the highest standard of maintenance and preservation of the building.
The deadline for submitting proposals to the city is February 15.