Another Charged in Incident Involving Rochester Murder Suspect
Rochester, MN (KROC AM News) – Another person has been charged in a recent incident that involves a Rochester murder suspect.
Charged with a riot count Thursday was 24-year-old Idris Haji-Mohamed.
The incident happened April 11th when police say a group of men chased a man inside a convenience store. Police were told the victim had been called “a snitch.” A man who intervened later told police he thought the incident had something to do with “a recent murder. “ It’s believed that was the murder of 28-year-old Garad Roble, who was shot to death in rural Rochester March 5th.
A man charged last week in the murder - 23-year-old Ayub Iman - is also a suspect in the April 11th incident, as is his brother Iman.
Iman Iman has also been charged in an April 24th shooting that injured two men. One of the victims was the man who had intervened in the convenience store incident and police suspect that may have been the motive for the shooting.
Haji-Mohamed was charged in 2017 with being involved in a shooting in the parking lot of the Rochester Olive Garden restaurant that police described as a gun battle. He was charged with attempted murder and felony assault in that case but ended up pleading guilty to a lesser charge.