Man Overdosing in Rochester Skyway Saved by Firefighters
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - Rochester firefighters likely saved the life of a drug overdose victim Tuesday.
Police Lieutenant Mike Sadauskis says firefighters responded to a report of a medical emergency in the skyway near Dooley’s restaurant in downtown Rochester around noon and found a 27-year-old man on the floor. After determining the man was suffering from an overdose, the firefighters used some Narcan and were able to revive him before he was transported to St. Mary’s Hospital for further treatment and evaluation.
Local public safety agencies began carrying the life-saving medication earlier this year and it’s already been credited with saving the lives of several people experiencing heroin or other opioid caused overdoses.