5 New Foods You Have To Try at This Year’s Minnesota State Fair
The Minnesota State Fair just announced 31 brand new foods that will make their debut later this summer. Here are the top five you just have to try!
Now, keep in mind, I've not had a chance to try these new foods, either-- but they're definitely the ones I'll be seeking out when we head up to the Great Minnesota Get-Together in August. (The Fair runs August 24 through September 4, but we're heading up to see John Mellencamp on Tuesday, August 19.)
5) Deep-Fried Avocado: Avocado slices dipped in a lightly seasoned batter, deep-fried and served with chipotle ranch dipping sauce. At O’Gara’s at the Fair, located at the southwest corner of Dan Patch Ave. & Cosgrove St.
I already love avocados (and the guacamole one usually makes with them), so why not deep fry them and toss on some chipotle ranch sauce?!?
4) Sonoran Sausage: Tex-Mex sausage stuffed with pepper jack cheese, wrapped in bacon, baked and served on a cornmeal-dusted bun with fresh corn salsa and a drizzle of avocado ranch sauce. At Sausage Sister & Me in the Food Building, east wall.
Let's see, take a sausage, stuff it with pepper jack cheese and wrap it in bacon? I think I'm in love!
3) Cheesy Nacho Corn on the Cob: Roasted corn on the cob lightly coated with crushed Dorito® corn chips and nacho cheese. At Texas Steak Out on the west side of Underwood St. between Lee & Randall avenues
Here, my affinity for Doritos (and again, cheese!) makes this one look pretty tasty-- even if I'll bet it'll be pretty messy to eat!
2) Double Dose of Pork Belly: 100% ground pork belly burger topped with crisp smoked pork belly, pepper jack cheese, coleslaw and pickled onions, served on a toasted bun. At RC's BBQ on the north side of West Dan Patch Ave. between Liggett & Chambers streets.
Pork belly is essentially a thicker cut of bacon, so it's no surprise I think this one looks pretty good. And, my friend pepper jack cheese is also included!
1) Triple Truffle Trotters: Sliced peppers and bacon with black diamond truffle oil mayo on top of waffle fries. At The Blue Barn at West End Market, south of the History & Heritage Center.
It wouldn't be the State Fair if some fries didn't make the list-- and when you combine truffle oil with bacon and waffle fries, I'm all in!